Thursday, November 10, 2011

Taking A Step Back In Time

A couple of entries back I referenced the old Mississippi Valley Speedway Club (MVSC) as I pondered the possibility of three area fairgrounds tracks possibly coming together to work as one in regard to weekly racing.

A few days later I received a phone call from Randy Foor of Morning Sun who said that he had a bunch of pictures from the MVSC days and wanted to know if I might be interested in sharing a few of them here on the Back Stretch. Uh, yeah!!

So over the next few weeks I will be putting up some of the photos that Randy has provided to me from his collection. His only request is that you don't download them, copyright them and then try to sell them. Cool? Cool.

Okay so here goes......on some of these I will venture a guess as to who I might think it is, but if I am wrong or if I have not even tried to identify the driver, please feel free to let me know who it is and where the photo is from.

A BIG thank you to Randy Foor at Louisa Communications for sharing these gems!




I believe that this is Stan Crooks at West Liberty
 


Big Johnny Moss
 


Ron Prymek?
 


Need some help on this one
 


I believe that this is Bobby Smith on the front stretch at Mt. Pleasant
 


Doak Allen at Columbus Junction
 

??


Need your help on this one


Mel Morris after a rough ride


Ron Hemsted at Columbus Junction


Dale Gegner


That's it for now. Keep checking the Back Stretch for more and if you use Facebook you can follow the PositivelyRacing.com page where you will be notified whenever new blog entries are put up.

1 comment:

Pastor Mike Townsley said...

The one labeled Prymek is John Mellink. The 20 car, that the driver door says "Jonesy" is Jack Jones from Letts, Iowa. The others may be Daryl OBrien of Muscatine?? Don't remember that for sure.
Thanks for the photos!
Mike