Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Video Killed The Radio Star

Remember when Music Television, better known as MTV kicked off with this song and changed how we listed to music?

Today I was paying my weekly visit to The Hlog, written by Cedar Rapids Gazette Sports guru Mike Hlas and saw this entry on how the Iowa Hawkeye football program is, for the first time in memory, struggling to sell out games as the 2014 season nears. Looks like more and more people are coming to the same conclusion that I did six years ago.

While I still feel that next day video on the net along with Pay Per View is more of a threat to short track racing than most will acknowledge, I must say that I am considering adding a year's subscription to XSAN to my wish list for Christmas. I guess spending a race night in a booth with Barry Brauns and seeing his passion for racing softened me a bit.

That being said I got a kick out of the whining going on about the prices that will need to be paid in order to watch the Knoxville Nationals live on the internet. Frankly my opinion is that the cost to watch an event live on the internet should always be equal to, or higher than the cost of buying the ticket to actually be there.

This is kind of cheesy, but cute.

Stay tuned, it looks like we will have a new blogger who is based out of the Quad Cities added to the Positively Racing crew soon.....

The Arnold Motor Supply 360 Knoxville Nationals takes the green tomorrow night (Thursday) at the Knoxville Raceway. Hope to see you there!



No comments: