Sunday, March 25, 2018

Found Some Old Late Model Pictures.....

With all racing in the area canceled due to cold and snowy conditions I found some time to do a little house cleaning this weekend and came across these old prints in a box that also contained many of my old record albums from my youth. We had a house fire back in 1997 so I had thought that I had lost all of them, but thankfully no. And I had also thought that I had turned over all of my old prints to Barry Johnson for him to scan in so that we could place them on the Positively Racing Facebook page. Obviously these were hidden with the old music, so it was a nice find on a race less weekend!

Yes, I tried my hand at race photography back in the early 90's and while a couple of these are pretty clear, most are just a smidge out of focus. And when you have talented friends like Barry Johnson, Dennis Krieger, John Vass and others I eventually decided to leave my camera at home on race nights. But on this weekend, these sure do bring back some memories. Hope they do for you as well.

Not sure who was in Don Morgan's #31, but that is Jeff Aikey down low

Quincy's Lonnie Bailey

A vintage Brian Birkhofer picture with Layne Meyer

Scott Bloomquist with sponsorship from the late Johnny Johnson

Arkansas driver Wayne Brooks

Dave Thorston

Canadian hotshoe Joel Cryderman

The Flying Farmer Ken Essary

Gary Lee's favorite, and one of mine too, Bill Frye

The Modern Day Cowboy John Gill

Bill Gray and Jay Johnson at Peoria

The River City Hustler Ray Guss Jr.

Eagle Raceway owner Roger Hadan

Joey Izzo

Billy Moyer during his stint with the GVS Team

Michigan's Kris Patterson

Terry Phillips

Need some help on this one....I think that is Bob Pohlman in the #27

Chattanooga's Ronnie Johnson

Three-wide action with Steve Kosiski up top and Doug Wiggs down low. The other 52?

LaSalle Speedway promoter Tony Izzo Jr.

Eight time All Iowa Points Champion and Hall of Famer Gary Webb

No comments: