Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Fifth-Place Or Last, Either Way I'll Take It!

Ron Hedger's annual SuperFans contest results for the "Pro" division came out today on National Speed Sport News and yours truly finished in the fifth position with my entry of 66 nights of racing in 2014. Of course my race total was 35 nights fewer than fourth-place, so I was nearly a lap behind and since he usually lists the top ten in the Pros and the top twenty in the Amateurs, or more appropriately the ticket buyers, it is likely that my entry was also the lowest of all submitted for my division.

Either way I will take it and I appreciate the manner in which Ron summed up my comments.

I did notice however that somehow I went from being identified as one of the principals of the website Positively Racing, something that I do 365 days a year, to being one of the announcers for the Sprint Invaders, something that I am very proud to be, but only for ten to twelve nights a year.

So am I am just wondering why that would have happened. The champ, good friend Ed Reichert, was properly identified as a writer for All The Dirt and Hawkeye Racing News while the other three place-winners were with Hoseheads.com and, or Hawkeye Racing News. Hearkens me back to a press release a couple of months ago where announcing the new position for our own Ryan Clark it was mentioned that he penned the popular "In Staging" blog, but made no mention of where you might find that popular blog.

I am sure that both instances were just innocent oversights, but who knows maybe we are considered outlaws here at Positively Racing. You will notice that all of the other fine sources for racing information are linked above.

Speaking of Mr. SuperFan, I was proud to have Ed Reichert tell me last October that he ended up at the Darkside Fall Bash in Maquoketa on a Sunday afternoon after checking out the Calendar page at that unmentionable website. In the update that I just sent out today to the webmistress there are now 802 special events listed.

We have a webmistress......hmmmm, maybe that's why we are Outlaws?

No comments: